Frequently Asked QuestionsUpdatedSunday January 2, 2022 byBonne Masseo.
Hello Soccer Fan,
Thank you for contacting New Paltz Recreation Soccer.
We often receive emails with similar questions or requests for information. Below you will find the answers to those questions or requests. If your email requested information not listed below, we will get back to you shortly.
Program Offerings and Divisions
All games and practices are played at the New Paltz Sports and Recreation Park (Field of Dreams) on Libertyville Road. Game times will vary.
How do I register? Visit: www.newpaltzrecreationsoccer.com and click the banner in the middle of the page that says: "Registration Now Open Click Here to Register" OR click the green button in the upper right corner that says: "Log In"
1. When does the Spring season begin? April 23, 2022
2. When does the fall season end? June 11, 2022
3. Do we play Memorial Day Weekend? No
4. Where are the games held? New Paltz Sports and Recreation Park (Field of Dreams) located on Libertyville Road behind the parking lot for the Ulster County Fairgrounds
5. When will practices be held? The volunteer coach of each team in Divisions B-D will determine the practice schedule. Future Stars and Division A play on Saturdays only.
6. When will games be scheduled? Games will always be scheduled on Saturdays. The time will vary. Team schedules can be found on the Team Wall or Sports Illustrated Play app or at www.newpaltzrecreationsoccer.com
7. Can my child play-up a division? If so, how? Yes. Please read the play-up procedures. There is a tab labeled Play-Up Procedures on this website. Can Kindergartners play? Yes- in Division A1 but please be sure it would be an appropriate fit for your child.
8. What size ball does my child need?
Future Stars and Division A- size 3.
Division B-C- size 4.
Division D and HS- size 5
9. Will my child receive a uniform? Yes- your child will receive a team shirt for the season.
10. What equipment does my child need? shin guards, socks to cover the shinguards, cleats or sneakers, water for all games and practices, and a ball.
11. Are teammate and coach requests accepted? No. In order to be able to create balanced teams (ability and gender), requests are not accepted. If siblings are in the same division, they can request to be placed on the same team. If transportation to and from games and practices is a factor, requests may be considered. Division A requests may be honored if possible.
12. Does the league provide scholarships to those in financial need? Yes. Please email email@example.com to request a scholarship.
13. How do we register? Please click the register here banner or the log in button and follow the instructions that follow. Please be sure to click create account if this is the first time using Sports Illustrated Play/Sports Sign Up.
14. How do I add another adult to the account? Please visit www.newpaltzrecreationsoccer.com and see the tab titled: Adding an Adult
15. When does fall registration open and close? Registration will open January 1 and close March 1
16. Are late registrations accepted? No. Volunteer board members need a month to prepare for the season (create rosters, order uniforms and equipment, secure coaches and officials, create the schedule, etc.) Based upon enrollment on March 1st, the number of teams will be determined. At that time, if spots are available to balance teams, late registrations for select divisions will be accepted.
17. When will I be assigned to a team and know my child's coach? We hope to have teams created by April 1st
18. How will I know what team my child is assigned to? You will receive an email when your child has been assigned to a team.
19. How do I know who the coach is and the schedule once my child has been assigned to a team? Once assigned to a team, you will have access to the child's team wall. You can access the team wall through the league website (this one) or by downloading the Sports Illustrated Play app (STRONGLY SUGGESTED). On the team wall, one will be able to access ALL needed information for the player's team- coach, schedule, contact information, etc.
20. When will the schedule be created for the Fall 2021 season? All games will be Saturdays beginning on April 23 and running through June 11 with the exception of Memorial Day weekend. The exact time of your child's game will be determined by early April.
21. Do you have a program for preschoolers? New Paltz Recreation Soccer offers the Future Stars division for players ages 3-5. This program has training sessions only and does not have games. Parent participation is necessary.
22. Does New Paltz Recreation Soccer run a travel program? No. Please visit www.newpaltzsoccer.org to find information regarding the travel program or email firstname.lastname@example.org
23. Does New Paltz Recreation Soccer run a fall and spring season? New Paltz Recreation Soccer offers a complete fall and spring season.
24. Do we need volunteers? YES!!! We need coaches, field committee members, board members, opening day committee members. To volunteer to coach, please register through our registration site. For other positions, please email email@example.com.
25. Do we need referees? YES. Do you need to be certified? Preferably, but not a must. If interested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
I have not been charged this fee before and my children attend the NPCSD, why am I being charged $7?
This is the first year, the Town of New Paltz has required us to collect the fee and submit payment to the town.
The New Paltz Sports and Recreation Park was developed and is maintained by the Town of New Paltz. The cost of doing so is paid for through taxes paid by residents of the Town of New Paltz, not NPCSD taxes. Thus, if taxes are paid to a town other than the Town of New Paltz (ex: Gardiner, Lloyd, Esopus, etc), you are required to pay a non-resident fee.